March 2020 Newsletter
This newsletter includes:
- Tracking the Source of a Bad Password
- How to Set Up Your Home Printer as an IBM i Printer with ACS
- Pete’s Perspective: Open Source
- The Effects of COVID-19 on the IBM i Ecosystem
- ProtecTIER Backup Migration Made Easy
- Virtual Days of IBM i Education
- [Podcast Episode] My Company is Moving Off IBM i — Now What?
- Upcoming Events
- IBM i, FSP, and HMC release levels and PTFs
A month ago, we were talking about the end of support for IBM i 7.2, and now today the only topic on everyone’s mind is COVID-19, and justifiably so. The world has changed, how we interact with each other has changed, how and where we work has changed, and hopefully how we treat one another going forward will improve. Here at iTech Solutions, we’ve been closely monitoring the evolving situation with COVID-19. It has brought uncertainly and disruption to everyone and the unknown is a scary entity. I have taken the necessary steps to ensure we can continue to work in light of the pandemic, by enabling everyone to be able to work from home, restricting travel, and having us adhere to the recommended safety procedures. As well as purchased and implemented additional infrastructure to keep us functioning.