January 2020 Newsletter
This newsletter includes:
- Running Non-Restricted and Restricted State Functions in BRMS
- How often should I IPL my IBM i?
- ODBC Access with Client Solutions
- Determining When a SAVSYS and Other IBM i Save Commands Were Performed on a System
- Video: Display the Firmware on your Power System FSP
- Upcoming Events
- IBM i, FSP, and HMC release levels and PTFs
2019 went by as fast as a blink of the eye (no pun intended), but what will 2020 bring for IBM i? First, 2019 was a good year for IBM i. Solid sales performance of POWER hardware attributed to IBM i is always a good thing, so the numbers that were reported for IBM i and POWER Systems were very impressive and consistent.
Then in June, we had the release of IBM i 7.4 with all the new features and functions that a new release brings with it. Coupled with that was the initial rollout of DB2 Mirror for i, a continuous availability option to propel IBM i into that market. Remember, it doesn’t replace the need for replication and high availability, it works as another leg in your availability strategy. (more…)