July 2020 Newsletter
This newsletter includes:
- CHGOWN: Easily Change Object Ownership
- The Importance of Being On Time: How to Configure the NTP Client on IBM i
- iTech iTip Videos
- What does “secure connection error, return code-23” mean?
- No. Your IBM i Isn’t Secure.
- [ Webinar Series ] Sips & Tricks: Coffee with iTech
- [Podcast Episode] Disaster Recovery: What’s the Difference Between the Various Components?
- Upcoming Events
- IBM i, FSP, and HMC release levels and PTFs ( July 2020)
First, I hope you and your families are healthy, safe, and secure as the virus creates a new “normal” in our daily lives. I liked the old normal much better, but inside every black cloud is a silver lining. It’s up to all of us to search and reach out to find that. You know the saying from lemons we make lemonade. May you enjoy your lemonade as we all get used to changes in our lives.
I had my first flight in 5 months, the airport was empty, and the flight was certainly different. Different parts of the country are handling this differently, and the wearing of masks exemplified this. Here in Connecticut, almost 100% of the people are wearing masks, but this wasn’t the case in other states that I had visited.
IBM Releases New POWER9 Models
Well, July was a big month for IBM i and Power Systems, as IBM delivered a new small low-end POWER9 based machine, a refresh of the 914/924 models, finally straighten out the Technology Refresh confusion, and more NVMe options. Let’s start with these.