If my IBM i could talk, it might ask: Am I protected from power outages or power surges?
If I have a UPS connected:
- How old is it?
- How old are the batteries?
- Is it under warranty or service contract?
- How long is the UPS uptime?
- Is there any type of remote monitoring or automatic server shutdown?
With all the changes, what is UPS capacity? And what % of total capacity is UPS? Do I have the needed capacity?
Is all the other equipment protected from power outages/surges?
Are there multiple UPSs – should consolidation be considered?
Don’t let your server stress over these concerns!
iTech Solutions has the capability to provide/resolve any of the concerns.
We can ensure:
- Correct Backup Power is provided
- Correct input and output receptacles are available
- Correct UPS Capacity
- Correct UPS runtime
- Correct server communication/monitoring
- Correct warranty/extended warranty
More articles from this month:
- RNMTCPHTE (Changing host table entry IP without having to remove and add back)
- Controlling the Outbound IP Address Used with a Virtual IP Address
- Security Testing and the Approaches for Malicious Code Insertion
- iAdmin Spring 2021: Registration Open
- IBM i OS Upgrade Resource Page
- iTech iTip Videos
- Sips & Tricks: Coffee with iTech
- iBasics: IBM i Education for the Beginner System Administrator
- [Podcast Episode] The New FlashSystem 5200: Features and Functions to Know
- Upcoming Events
- IBM i, FSP, and HMC release levels and PTFs (Februrary 2021)